Frequently Asked Questions
You can exchange messages with your counselor at any time, from anywhere, using any Internet-connected device. The room is open 24/7 and since messaging is not in real-time it doesn’t require scheduling. Instead, you can choose whenever you want to write or respond to your counselor. You will get a notification by email when the counselor has sent you a message.
To have a live chat session, you will first need to schedule a time with your counselor. At the scheduled time, log in to your account to start typing and chatting with your counselor.
While face-to-face counseling can cost $150 to $250 for a single session, the cost of counseling through Therapyoncall ranges from only $80 to $120 USD per week for unlimited access to your counselor.
Your membership payments will be charged to a credit card or our membership site payment on a recurring basis. If you accomplish your goals or if you find online counseling with Therapyoncall to no longer be helpful for any reason, you can simply cancel the subscription.
- You don’t need to identify yourself (see more about staying anonymous here).
- Everything you tell your counselor is protected by strict federal and state laws.
- We don’t cooperate or work with any insurance companies or employers, so nothing needs to be shared, reported or filed with them.
- You can always click the “Shred” button next to each message that you’ve sent so it will no longer show in your account.
- All the messages between you and your counselor are secured and encrypted by banking-grade 256-bit encryption.
- Our servers are hosted in an “A Grade” facility, ensuring the best-in-class security and protection.
- Our browsing encryption system (SSL) follows modern best practices and is rated A+, providing world class online security and encryption.
- Our databases are encrypted and scrambled so they essentially become useless in the very unlikely event that they are being stolen or inappropriately used.
If you wish for any of your information or records to be released to a third party, please let your counselor know. Your counselor will send you an authorization form that you will need to fill and sign before your information can be released.
The service is provided by independent providers who work directly with you. These providers are not employees of Therapyoncall and the site doesn’t oversee them professionally. Our mission is to build, maintain, and support a platform that lets users and counselors communicate effectively, and to facilitate this channel so they can get the most out of their interaction.